Book Review: Yesterday People

Yesterday People: Book 3 of the Past Life SeriesYesterday People: Book 3 of the Past Life Series by Terri Herman-Poncé
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Yesterday People is the first book I've read in the Past Life series and I was a bit concerned that I would be confused starting at book 3, but the author does a great job of feeding in exactly the information you need, from the gripping, terrifying beginning, through all the twists and turns of the present-day story and the snippets of the characters' past lives. You don't need to believe in reincarnation to enjoy the clever interweaving of history and reality as the lives of the central characters play out a situation that has evolved over centuries.
David Bellotti is an appealing hero who cares deeply for his partner and his daughter, and often makes the wrong decisions, but always for the right reasons. Lottie, too, is a believable, likeable character, though at times I lost sympathy with her a little when she found herself unable to resist the draw of the third person in the triangular relationship: Galen, a present-day friend and another player in their past life adventures.
Overall, this is a well-researched story told in a lively style: think Barbara Erskine meets Dan Brown. I will definitely go back and fill in on the first two books.

View all my reviews

Comments

  1. Wow! Thanks so much for the review, Stephanie! It made me smile and truly started this Monday off in a wonderful way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Terri. I really enjoyed the book. Thanks for stopping by ☺

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why I love my publisher.

Halloween Blog Hop

Writer Wednesday Interview: Angela Wren